Kenmore District Kindergarten is a purpose-built Centre. In 1957, the Kenmore Progress Association formed what would later become the Kenmore District Kindergarten and Preschool Association. Architect S. Trotter drew up plans and specifications for the original building, which is half of the current building, and the Brisbane City Council was persuaded to lease half an acre of land to us.
In 1958, the first classes began in the Presbyterian Hall, now the Uniting Church Hall on Moggill Road, with 10 children in attendance. In May of that year the children moved into the newly completed premises. By 1960 the numbers had grown and a duplicate of the building had to be constructed. This was completed in 1961.
2007 marked the 50th Anniversary of the Centre and was celebrated with a weekend of festivities including the reunion of past committee members and staff, including our special guest Ian Seale our Founding President.
In 2011, the Committee and Staff of Kenmore District decided to change its Central Governing Body (CGB) from C&K to Gowrie.
Throughout its history, the Association has relied on the enthusiastic help of volunteers and generous donations of both time and money. Kenmore District has played an integral part in the history of the area, and we look forward to fulfilling the needs of our community for many years to come.